Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Work from past years...




These works were all large, 100 by 144 inches with variable-size objects in the third dimension. Strong references to painting process and backstage theatre predominated in these works...








Later, figures, or "actors" referred to the theatre's stage, and later still, the figures left the theatre of the canvas completely..
All of these preceding works show one consistent direction among several directions my art-making activities have taken. Thanks for looking!
David

4 comments:

  1. David

    Your work is wonderful, interesting and powerful. I am still a fan.

    Vicki L Berg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Vicki. I hope you are well and doing what you love most.

      Delete
  2. Hi David, just want to tell how dynamic I think your recent watercolours are,both the figurative and the Dam/nature paintings. Just Great! Hope all is well with you both. Regards. Cliff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a book of your years ago.
    I love your use of tools papers and subjects. IvI' been drawing and painting for fifty- nine years.
    When I look at your works I think," why didn't I think of that method, or subject. You and Grham Sutherland are my favorite artists.
    Hope to meet you some year.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete